Wednesday, May 14, 2008

what I do when I'm NOT singing...

It has been a while since my last gig or blog worthy-and-related event. I have one coming up on the 24th and then nothing until July, but I figure I owe my devoted readers an explanation:

First, the weather has been so nice that we have tried to be out in it as much as possible.



I know, I know: Ralph Lauren called and said they wanted their baby model back...we are negotiating her modeling contract right now so we can't really talk about that...no I'm kidding. But if anyone is interested, please contact her agent at WWW.MOMSONLYIDEAFORACOLLEGEFUND.FLO

Then, we moved into the city-ish. Briar Forest/Gessner area. I'm am going to pretend this was taken in the car on the way to the new place, but it was actually a random trip somewhere else within a few short days of actually moving...of course, I took ZERO pictures of the move because I was playing the highly coveted role of Manuel Labor...



We also had to submit to the dreaded "Shears of Terror" and cut some bangs...barrettes are soooo last year...this Spring is all about the bangs...and practicing our sad face.



And as icing on the proverbial cake of procrastination: dress up fun! She watched Barbie Fairytopia in this get-up for about 5 minutes before she decided it was "itchy." But at least the mugginess outside immediately following our first summer shower of the season made the lens fog up somewhat, giving the photos a soft hazy filtered look perfect for the theme.





So there you have it. I will be posting pics from our extreme sports spring training very soon...stay tuned!

3 comments:

robkroese said...

That's a wicked sad face. :)

Devin Andrew Collins said...

Awww! I love the foggy lens pics, super awesome.

Lonie Polony said...

Hello, this comment is actually in relation to the post above this one, as you seem to have forgotten to enable commenting to allow anyone who wants to, including people you have linked to, to reply.

1) Saying I knew a vegan who happened to be weird is not the same as saying "All vegans are weird and photograph their pooh."

2) Maybe it's not so in America, but 'pooh' is an acceptable, though little-used spelling of the word more commonly spelled 'poo'. Anyway, does it really matter how a colloquial word for faeces is spelled?

3) Yes, we spell it 'faeces' not 'feces'

4) My comment, as most of the others seemed to be, were made in a spirit of good-natured humour (yes, we spell it 'humour'), although perhaps not always the best of taste. Speaking for myself, I'm sorry if you took offence but then that's always a possibility when interacting with others, isn't it?

One might add something along the lines of, "Maybe if you ate a rasher of bacon you'd be less outraged," as an example of playful ribbing of a vegan, but one won't, to avoid any further misunderstandings :)