Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Humor Blogs

So I have been reading humor blogs A LOT lately. It has become something of an addiction. Just take a look over to your right (my left) and check out 15minutelunch, Matress Police, Mighty Dykerson, Schitz and Giggles, and Throwing Poo. They are my current favorites. These people leave me in stitches.

Although I started this blog as a way for distant family and friends to keep track of my goings on, I find myself leaning towards humor in my posts...and editing it out because I am not technically writing a "humor blog."

As usual I am over thinking the situation Why can't I have a sense of humor about my escapades? Looking back on my few posts, there is plenty to laugh about, even without my TRYING to be funny. (*sigh*) Luckily I abandoned the career path that required me to be serious about my life (opera) and have embraced a lighter side of the music and arts world (not less important, or less difficult or less artful, just less SERIOUS in terms of bedtimes and smoky bars...like there are any smoky bars left in the US...but that is another blog altogether.)

Thus, I am embracing My Inner Sarcasm and Dry Humor Gene (Thank you Daddy!) and accepting the fact that I lead a comical existence.

And now...

...Thank you, thank you...but seriously...

...take my husband....PLEASE! (rimshot)

(chirp chirp)

...Djyou hear about the one...

(chirp, cough, uncomfortable silence)

OK, so it will take some practice...damn showbiz is tough.

3 comments:

Devin Andrew Collins said...

I love the labels on this blog. High-larious.

Johnny Virgil said...

Hey, thanks for the shout out!

Devin Andrew Collins said...

HEY! Blog again already! =^)