Thursday, March 6, 2008

Jam Session Fun and Plinko...

Ok, so there is NOTHING about Plinko in this blog, I just wanted to mess with the search engines....bwa ha ha ha!

I had the great pleasure of attending the Tuesday night Jam at King Biscuit this week. It was truly a joy! A laid back bar with a spacious patio, a room full of musicians and artsy types, a friendly bartender named Rich, and my first experience with Jameson Whiskey on the rocks, (yum!) all equals a great time. Add to that getting to make music with some awesome old friends, and meeting some awesome new friends, plus a bar full of enthusiastic music lovers an patrons, and you have a recipe for hooking me like a sad working girl on smack. I will definitely be a regular there!

I was thrilled that so many singers were out that night. I had the HONOR of hearing the FABULOUS Sheri Lavo tell us how it is to have Georgia on [her] mind. Apparently it is gut-wrenchingly intense and heartfelt. That woman is truly a treasure and a talent. More people in this town need to hear her; she is fantastic!

The owner of the joint, Roger, is a lovely man; he is full of heart and good will and this comes through in his business. His employees are all happy and enjoying themselves, which in turn leads to the patrons enjoying themselves, and keeps them coming back week after week. The key to successful business practices? Chill OUT!

I also made an all too brief appearance at Legends last night. Something came up and I couldn't stay long, but the room has promise if we could get the word out! I look forward to going back next week when Paul co-hosts the jam!

The recording session is set for this Friday, provided we can find a bass player! (hint hint everyone!) I am very excited about the endeavor. It should be a lot of fun, provided we keep the atmosphere light and undemanding. We can work and be efficient, without being stuffy and overly business-like. (that means YOU, Devin!) A friend (a good friend? maybe soon...) is generously allowing us to use his space and equipment. I owe him some MAJOR favors for this! Let's see, I make a mean scrambled egg sandwich...somehow it doesn't seem enough...

2 comments:

KarenD said...

Hey, where does Gwen go when you're out on the town? Inquiring new mom wanting to know if there is life after having children...

:-)

Devin Andrew Collins said...

ME? DORKY?? Absolutely! Check out my new vid!