Thursday, February 14, 2008

coming soon...and maybe going soon?

got a few pictures from here:

lastnightpics.com

Thank you very much David Caceres!

I bought the digital copies thinking I could just download them but alas, they are being "shipped." What an eco-unfriendly solution!

I will post them as soon as I have the legal copies!

Still waiting on the other pro shots...

Got a call for a possible trio gig very soon at the Downtown Aquarium...

Should be good for a few laughs...YOUR laughs, not mine... ;-)

Let's just say they are taking the whole "Under the Sea" theme a bit far and they want me to be "Part of Their World..."

Any guesses?

In other news:

I have officially decided I am jealous of a fellow colleague who is at this very minute flying toward the beautiful beaches of Bermuda to stay in a luxury hotel, perform with Regina Belle, if I am not misremembering, and plans to be poolside with a Pina Colada by this afternoon. Plus it is a gig...so he is getting paid to take a mini vacation to Bermuda. Anyone want to cry him a river? Me neither.

I told him to be sure and mention me if any of his fancy gigs ever need another chick singer. When Bermuda is involved, I come cheap.

speaking of which...off to get my passport RIGHT NOW. It is silly of me to be unprepared for the possibility of getting that last minute call: Can you fly to (fill in the blank with a fabulous international location) tonight and sing tomorrow for (fill in this blank with a wealthy VIP who is celebrating their (fill in the blank with a festive occasion)) with (fill in this FINAL blank with an amazing international star)?

If you followed that, kudos. If not, just go with the whole: Luck=opportunity + preparedness.

No comments: